Even July was a busy month for JS people. You guys are never gonna give up, huh? Anyway, let's proceed with our monthly listing of important and not so important happenings.
To celebrate the Summer we updated the outlook of the site. Let us know what you think!
Remember that Monthly JSter is available as a newsletter. And when we say monthly, we mean it. One post a month, that's it. Given the content in this post, we might turn it into a biweekly thing, though.
- console.image - Because you have always wanted to put memes into your Chrome Inspector
- evil.js - Give hotlinkers what they earn.
- tangle - Reactive documents in your browser. JSter entry
- Async Load - Load images etc. asynchronously.
- PhoneGap 3.0 - JSter entry
- Brunch 1.7 - Assemble HTML5 applications. JSter entry
- Bower 1.0 - A package manager for the web. JSter entry
- Qooxdoo 3.0 - A universal framework with a coherent set of components. JSter entry
- Bootstrap 3 RC1 - Sleek, powerful frontend framework. JSter entry
- AngularJS: An Overview - What's this AngularJS thing anyway?
- Front-end optimizations you can start doing right now
- Cube Slam - Behind the THREE.Scene()
- Eight Cool Features Coming in ES6
- Building a Decent API
- Leveling Up with HTML5 Games Contests
- ES6 Modules, Build Tools and Browser App Delivery
- Little Lisp Interpreter
- Building an Arduino Powered BBQ Thermometer - Powered by Node.js
- Promises in Node.js with Q - An Alternative to Callbacks
- Monitoring and Stress Testing Node.js Apps
- Parse data files using Node.js streams
- thinkster - A better way to learn AngularJS.
- RequireBin - The power of Node.js in browser, sort of. See also related article.
- npmsearch - A better way to navigate NPM.
- DevDocs - All of those APIs behind one, spiffy interface.
- pineapple.io - Tutorials, tools and assets for developers and designers
- codylindley/frontend-tools - Landscaping with Frontend Development Tools
- Nice list of tutorials by pineapple.io
- Chrome Devtools Cheatsheet
- How to Keep Up to Date on Front-end Technologies
- Chrome App Samples
- Frontend Tools
- Yeoman - Yeoman provides workflows for modern webapps. They recently released 1.0 RC1.
- eslint - JSLint and JSHint just got some company!
- gistblog - A blogging platform built on GitHub gists. JSter entry.
- Create Your Own XKCD-style Graphs
- Object playground - Inception!
- ImplicitCAD - Powerful, Open Source, Programmatic CAD
- node-webkit - Node.js + Webkit = Awesomeness
- EnterprisifyJS - Because your code is never enterprise enough
- node-inspector - New and improved
- revealjs - Control your presentation using gestures.
- 9 Mind-Blowing Canvas Demos - Well, go blow your mind then.
- Pure CSS Minion
- CSS Horse - See also @horse_js.
- Synth - For all of those Jan Hammer wannabes
- Give ´n´ Go - A curated gallery of Dribbble shots reworked as interactive CodePen pens.